Useful links

Let us connect you with resources, support and information to help you on your NDIS journey as a participant, plan nominee, carer, or Support Worker.

Home > Useful Links

The NDIS is Australia’s national scheme to support people with a disability. The NDIS website explains the scheme and how it works. It will give you information on who can access the NDIS, and how to create and manage an NDIS plan, as a participant or alongside a participant.

The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. They regulate NDIS providers, provide national consistency, promote safety and quality services, resolve problems and identify areas for improvement.

Advocacy Tasmania can provide information about your rights and help you to deal with problems or complaints. Their advocates will listen to your problem and help you decide a way forward. ‘Your say’ advocacy is all about helping you to be heard and understood. If you are unable to speak for yourself, or find it difficult, an Advocate can help you.

The Speak Out Association of Tasmania, also known as Speak Out, is an advocacy service for people with disability and a membership organisation for people with intellectual disability. Speak Out aims to develop a respectful and inclusive community for people living with a disability.

The Department of Health and Human services maintains the health, safety and wellbeing of all Tasmanians. They plan and deliver services to the community, and are responsible for the policies, processes and procedures that look after our health.

Carers Tas provides support and advice so that carers in our state can do their best in their role. They support unpaid family and friend carers who are caring for a family member, neighbour or friend with a disability, mental illness, chronic condition, terminal illness, drug or alcohol issue, or who are frail or aged. They offer advice, carer support, counselling and respite planning so you can take a break.

If you are a support worker for a person with a disability, you need to be registered to work with vulnerable people. Registration is handled by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services. This section of their website explains the registration to work with vulnerable people process, who needs to be registered, and how to register.

If you or someone you care for has a lifelong disability and needs support to go to and get involved in community events, you may be eligible for a Companion Card. If eligible, companion carers can get free entry at participating venues and events. On this site, you can find out if you are eligible for the card, how to apply for a card, how to replace or renew a card, and more.